· To live in the light of this commandment also means that we as a society should ensure that those older people who can no longer be independent still have a good quality of life.
This commandment invites us to affirm the dignity of older people.
· to cultivate your taste for speculaas or Guinness, and to affirm your neighbours’ taste for beef vindaloo,
· to follow Arsenal with a passion, but not to think it too odd that someone else may follow Juventus or the Mets,
· to celebrate Hogmanay or Thanksgiving Day, but not to get uptight when some of your neighbours celebrate Ramadan or Passover.
· This commandment does not authorise you, if your parents were prejudiced against Catholics, or Jews, or Muslims, or Mormons, or Freemasons, or gays, or lesbians, ... or anyone, to keep up those prejudices and pass them on to the next generation.