Thursday 14 March 2013

White smoke ...

Just got the SMS ... Habemus Papam ... no I don't have a direct line, I just signed up for an SMS service for a "white smoke" alert.  Just after 5:00 a.m. Hobart time, looks like early evening Rome time on the TV.

Couldn't get the ABC on my TV ... went to a commercial station ... after a few minutes I was able to get decent reception on the ABC ... able to avoid the inane chatter of the commercial network.

Swiss Guards moving around ... still no name yet.

Whoever he is ... please pray for him.

While I'm not a Catholic myself, I know that whoever occupies the Chair of Peter has a major impact on the well-being of the whole Christian church, and on the morale of all people of faith and all people of good will.

As I said, whoever he is, please pray for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments, from a diversity of viewpoints, are always welcome. I reserve the right to choose which comments will be printed. I'm happy to post opinions differing from mine. Courtesy, an ecumenical attitude, and a willingness to give your name always help. A sense of humour is a definite "plus", as well.